Wancle Sous Vide Precision Cooker
This model is a great value at it’s price point, and works great for someone just getting started with sous vide cooking.
- 850 Watts of heating
- Can heat 4 Gallons
- 211°F Maximum temperature
- Display located on side
- Overall stubby feel
- 4″ water minimum
Wancle Sous Vide Review – Product Review and Features | Product Comparison | Product Specifications | Return to Top
Wancle Sous Vide Product Review and Features
The Wancle Sous Vide Precision Cooker is a middle of the road immersion cooker. It doesn’t have any Bluetooth or WiFi connectivity, but it gets the job done if you’re just interested in a basic cooker. If you’re serious about sous vide cooking we suggest the Gourmia GSV130 for the same price.
This shape of this unit is different from all of the other units we looked at. Where the others were all tall and slender this one stuck out as being much wider. This is due to the display being located on the side instead of on the top like most other units. This model is 14″ high making it one of the shorter units, but it’s nearly 7″ wide. The tube containing the heating element is under 3″. The unit felt fairly solid in construction and quality.
This model features an alligator style clip that you slide down over the side of your cooking vessel. As we noted in other reviews this makes it easy to put on or take off, but it doesn’t give you a lot of adjustment capabilities. The clamp, handle, and display weren’t bad, they just didn’t feel as elegant and streamlined compared to the others models.
This model puts out 850 watts, putting it on the low end of the models we reviewed, so it will take longer to reach the desired temperature. It has a maximum temperature of 211°F which was on the high side of all the models we looked at. Most people aren’t going to need temperatures that high, but if you do this should be on your short list. The stubby design of this unit affected it minimum water depth which is 4″ the maximum water height is 10″, so you’re going to need a tall cooking vessel if you choose the Wancle. It can heat a maximum of 4 gallons of water and the pump is rated for 1.8GPM which is average. The noise level from this model was middle of the road compared to other models.
The display and controls for this unit are located on the side, this does make it slightly more awkward than the models with the display angled on the top or directly on the top. It’s not a deal breaker, but it’s something we noticed being different. Once you turn the unit on the temperature is set via the scroll wheel on the side of the display, it was fairly easy to use. Like all sous vide machines the lack of buttons makes setting a timer ridiculously more complex than it needs to be. Honestly, it’s a lot easier to just use a standard kitchen timer. This model has no WiFi or Bluetooth connectivity.
There isn’t anything wrong with this unit, there just isn’t much that stands out as being better than any of the other models we looked at. If you’re someone who’s going to cook sous vide on a regular basis the sideways mounted display is going to annoy you at some point. The stubby overall design and 4″ minimum water depth means you’re going to need a larger cooking vessel which takes up more room on your counter. That said its price is a bargain compared to other models, so this unit is the right choice for someone on a budget, who isn’t going to need the design features of other models.
- 850 watts
- Solid construction
- Heats up to 211°F
- Heats up to 4 gallons
Wancle Sous Vide Product Comparison
|MODEL||Gourmia GSV130 Sous Vide||Wancle Sous Vide|
|Controls on Unit||YES||YES|
|Max Water Capacity||5 Gal.||4 Gal.|
|Water Flow||1.5 GPM||1.8 GPM|
|Min. Water Depth||2.75″||4″|
|Max. Water Depth||6″||10″|
|Temp. Stability||0.1 °F||0.1 °F|
|Noise Level||59 DB||53 DB|
|Size||14.5 x 2.5 x 3.5 inches||11.1 x 14.8 x 4.5 inches|
|Weight||2.3 pounds||3.3 pounds|
|Warranty.||1 Year||1 Year|
|Check Prices||Check Prices|
Reviewed Item: Wancle Sous Vide
For more information you can check out our our Helpful Guides below:
- Sous Vide Reviews - read complete reviews of all the Sous Vide cookers we looked at.
- Sous Vide Buying Guide - Want to buy a sous vide machine, this guide will help you learn everything you need to know before making a purchase.
- Sous Vide FAQ - Here are our most frequently asked sous vide questions.
- Top 10 Sous Vide Cookers - Here's a list of our top 10 sous vide machines.
- Best Sous Vide machine - Here's our highest rated sous vide precision cooker.
- Sous Vide Recipes - Here's a collection of some of our favorite sous vide recipes.
- Sous Vide Time and Temperature Chart - Here's a chart to help you find the proper time and temperature to set your sous vide.
- How to Cook Sous Vide - Here's our guide to understanding sous vide cooking.
- Beginners Guide to Sous Vide - If you're a beginner to sous vide cooking this guide is for you.
- Sous Vide Equipment - Here's a list of commonly used sous vide equipment.
- Sous Vide Safety Issues - Got questions about sous vide food safety, this guide will answer them for you.
- Anova Sous Vide Review - A review of the Anova Bluetooth sous vide precision cooker.
- Anova WiFi Sous Vide Review - A review of the Anova WiFi Sous Vide precision cooker.
- Gourmia Sous Vide Reviews - Reviews for all of the Gourmia POD Sous Vide Immersion cookers.
- Joule Sous Vide Review - A look at the ChefSteps Joule sous vide immersion cooker.
- Sous Vide Instruction Manuals - Looking for a sous vide user manual or instruction we may be able to help you out.
- Bluetooth Kitchen Appliances - Looking for a Bluetooth enabled kitchen appliance here's a list.
- WiFi Kitchen Appliances - Looking for a kitchen appliance that can communicate via WiFi here's a helpful list.
- Sous Vide Instructions Manuals - Looking for sous vide instrutions manuals we have copies of many of the most popular models.
- Buying Guides - Buying guides for different kinds of small appliances
- How To Guides - How To guides to help you choose the right counter top appliances for your needs.
- Product FAQs - Common questions and answers for different types of small appliances in your kitchen.
- Cooking Information - Information and helpful tips to save time and money in the kitchen.
- Kitchen Small Appliance Brand Information - If you're looking for contact information, support, forums, instruction manuals or other information for small kitchen appliances we may be able to help.
- Small Appliance Instructions Manuals - If you're looking for instructions manuals for any of your small appliances we may be able to help.