Slaiya Sous Vide Precision Cooker
The Slaiya Sous Vide was one of the smaller budget minded models we looked at, while it has some good points it also had some quality concerns.
- Value Priced
- Good Flow Rate
- Lower Quality
- Less elegant design
Slaiya Sous Vide Product Review and Features
When we were reviewing sous vide machines we tried look at a few models from the lower price range, and the Slaiya Sous Vide Precision Cooker fits into that category. There were some things we really liked, and some things that concerned us.
This model came it at just under 16″ tall making slightly shorter than most. The design of this model combines the handle and digital readout into one unit making it the widest model we reviewed. The placement of the cord seemed more awkward than most of the other models. The stainless steel tube was under 3″ in width which is pretty typical.
The construction of the unit didn’t feel cheap, but it didn’t fell as solid as Anova Sous Vide. We didn’t have any issues as far as quality, but some other people did, and there were a few too many to ignore. Also there doesn’t seem to be much support available online for this model. There is a 1 year warranty, but good luck trying to contact someone.
The mounting clamp on this model completely detaches from the unit allowing you to fully adjust the height up or down. This is absolutely our favorite design for sous vide clamps giving you the most flexibility.
This model puts out 850 watts of power putting on the low end of all the models we reviewed. It can heat the water to a maximum of 211°F which was at the very top range for all of the models that we reviewed. It has a minimum water height of 2.5″ and a maximum of 6″ which is a fairly good range, meaning you don’t have to be overly concerned about evaporation. It can heat up to 4 gallons of water, which is a bit on the small side. It has a flow rate of 2.1 GPM which is higher than most models. The noise level when the pump was running was about average.
One of the design features that sets this model apart is the temperature and controls sticking out from the side and an integrated handle. We prefered the taller slimmer units they just seemed a lot less awkward and a lot more elegant. This model does have an angled face making it much easier to read the temparature. The temperature is set with a scroll wheel located on the side of the display. There is no Bluetooth or WiFi connectivity with this model, which is one of the reasons it’s a lot cheaper than other models.
The biggest thing going for this model is it’s value pricing, at the time of testing it was one of two models available for $80. The other model in that price range was the Gourmia GSV130 and if we had to choose between the two, we would definitely go with the Gourmia. The Gourmia didn’t have any lingering questions about quality and there was a lot more support.
- Value Pricing
- High GPM Flow Rate
- 850 Watts
- Large water level operating range
Slaiya Sous Vide Comparison Chart
|MODEL||Gourmia GSV130 Sous Vide||Slaiya Sous Vide|
|Controls on Unit||YES||YES|
|Max Water Capacity||5 Gal.||4 Gal.|
|Water Flow||1.5 GPM||2.1 GPM|
|Min. Water Depth||2.75″||2.5″|
|Max. Water Depth||6″||6″|
|Temp. Stability||0.1 °F||0.1 °F|
|Noise Level||59 DB||55 DB|
|Size||14.5 x 2.5 x 3.5 inches||16.5 x 9.1 x 5.4 inches|
|Weight||2.3 pounds||5 pounds|
|Warranty.||1 Year||1 Year|
|Check Prices||Check Prices|
For more information you can check out our our Helpful Guides below:
- Sous Vide Reviews - read complete reviews of all the Sous Vide cookers we looked at.
- Sous Vide Buying Guide - Want to buy a sous vide machine, this guide will help you learn everything you need to know before making a purchase.
- Sous Vide FAQ - Here are our most frequently asked sous vide questions.
- Top 10 Sous Vide Cookers - Here's a list of our top 10 sous vide machines.
- Best Sous Vide machine - Here's our highest rated sous vide precision cooker.
- Sous Vide Recipes - Here's a collection of some of our favorite sous vide recipes.
- Sous Vide Time and Temperature Chart - Here's a chart to help you find the proper time and temperature to set your sous vide.
- How to Cook Sous Vide - Here's our guide to understanding sous vide cooking.
- Beginners Guide to Sous Vide - If you're a beginner to sous vide cooking this guide is for you.
- Sous Vide Equipment - Here's a list of commonly used sous vide equipment.
- Sous Vide Safety Issues - Got questions about sous vide food safety, this guide will answer them for you.
- Anova Sous Vide Review - A review of the Anova Bluetooth sous vide precision cooker.
- Anova WiFi Sous Vide Review - A review of the Anova WiFi Sous Vide precision cooker.
- Gourmia Sous Vide Reviews - Reviews for all of the Gourmia POD Sous Vide Immersion cookers.
- Joule Sous Vide Review - A look at the ChefSteps Joule sous vide immersion cooker.
- Sous Vide Instruction Manuals - Looking for a sous vide user manual or instruction we may be able to help you out.
- Bluetooth Kitchen Appliances - Looking for a Bluetooth enabled kitchen appliance here's a list.
- WiFi Kitchen Appliances - Looking for a kitchen appliance that can communicate via WiFi here's a helpful list.
- Sous Vide Instructions Manuals - Looking for sous vide instrutions manuals we have copies of many of the most popular models.
- Buying Guides - Buying guides for different kinds of small appliances
- How To Guides - How To guides to help you choose the right counter top appliances for your needs.
- Product FAQs - Common questions and answers for different types of small appliances in your kitchen.
- Cooking Information - Information and helpful tips to save time and money in the kitchen.
- Kitchen Small Appliance Brand Information - If you're looking for contact information, support, forums, instruction manuals or other information for small kitchen appliances we may be able to help.
- Small Appliance Instructions Manuals - If you're looking for instructions manuals for any of your small appliances we may be able to help.