Sansaire Sous Vide Immersion Circulator
A slightly older model with a lot of functionality that has stood the test of time. It lacks Bluetooth and Wifi connectivity, but other wise a very strong performer.
- 1100 Watts
- High 3 GPM Flow Rate
- High 6 gallon capacity
- Lacks remote connectivity
- Feels dated
Sansaire Sous Vide Product Review and Features
The Sansaire Sous Vide Immersion Circulator was one of the first consumer level sous vide machines to gain popularity. While it’s still a reliable high quality unit the product is a little dated compared to some other models. That said it’s still a good chocie for people interested in sous vide cooking.
This model is tall black polycarbonate tube that has a concave shape that gets narrower in the middle and wider at both ends. Aside from the mounting clip, nothing sticks out, so it’s a very modern and sleek design. It’s 15″ and the circulator tube is 3″ in diameter at it’s widest point. The quality of the product is top notch the polycarbonate housing feels very solid.The for this model is located on the side and is an alligator style clamp. You squeeze one end, and it opens the other. This isn’t our favorite design but we disliked the alligator clamp on this one the least. The difference is it’s a very long/deep clamp giving you the flexibility to use it to adjust the height.
This model puts out 1100 watts of power, which was higher than most models, only the Gourmia sous vide machines had a higher power rating. This means your water will come up to the proper temperature much faster. The maximum temperature is 212°F which is the highest of all the units we tested. Most people won’t need to go that high, but if you do this model should be on your short list. The minimum water level is 3″ and the maximum is 3.25″ this is a really good range and means you won’t have to babysit the water level for any long-cooking sous vide recipes. It can also handle a maximum of 6 gallons which is the highest of all the models we reviewed. It also moves the water at 3 GPM which was again the highest of any model. A high flow rate heats the water faster and helps keep the temperature stable. With all of the extra capacity for heating and moving the water, we expected this was going to be one of the noisier models but were surprised it wasn’t.
The controls to operate this model are fairly simple, the power and temperature button are located on the top. The temperature is set by turning a ring located near the top. The display is a large blue LED readout, that you can read from across the room. Of all the models we looked at this was the easiest to read from a distance. One of the shortcomings is there is no built-in timer, however, the models that did have a timer were needlessly complex to set, so it’s not a huge drawback. This model does not have Bluetooth or WiFi connectivity.Overall this is a very high-quality unit that may be the best choice for many people. Our complaints were this a little old and dated compared to some of the other models we looked at. At the time we tested this model was selling for $150, for that price you could have gotten Bluetooth connectivity on the Anova Sous Vide or WiFi connectivity on the Gourmia GSV150 Sous Vide. If that doesn’t matter to you, then this model is definitely worth considering.
- 1100 Watts
- 6 Gallon capacity
- 212°F Max. Temp.
- 3 GPM
- Wide operating range
Sansaire Sous Vide Product Comparison
|MODEL||Anova Bluetooth Sous Vide||Sansaire Sous Vide|
|Controls on Unit||YES||YES|
|Max Water Capacity||5 Gal||6 Gal.|
|Water Flow||1.2 GPM||3 GPM|
|Min. Water Depth||2.75″||3″|
|Max. Water Depth||6.25″||6.5″|
|Temp. Stability||0.1 °F||0.1 °F|
|Noise Level||59 DB||52 DB|
|Size||14.8 x 2.8 x 2.8 inches||13.3 x 3.3 x 15 inches|
|Weight||2.5 pounds||4 pounds|
|Warranty.||1 Year||1 Year|
|Check Prices||Check Prices|
Reviewed Item: Sansaire Sous Vide
Related ArticleAre you interested in adding a vacuum sealer to your kitchen? We've written a guide to help you learn what all the features are and what you need know to help you save time and money in the kitchen Read our Vacuum Sealer Buying Guide to learn more.
For more information you can check out our our Helpful Guides below:
- Sous Vide Reviews - read complete reviews of all the Sous Vide cookers we looked at.
- Sous Vide Buying Guide - Want to buy a sous vide machine, this guide will help you learn everything you need to know before making a purchase.
- Sous Vide FAQ - Here are our most frequently asked sous vide questions.
- Top 10 Sous Vide Cookers - Here's a list of our top 10 sous vide machines.
- Best Sous Vide machine - Here's our highest rated sous vide precision cooker.
- Sous Vide Recipes - Here's a collection of some of our favorite sous vide recipes.
- Sous Vide Time and Temperature Chart - Here's a chart to help you find the proper time and temperature to set your sous vide.
- How to Cook Sous Vide - Here's our guide to understanding sous vide cooking.
- Beginners Guide to Sous Vide - If you're a beginner to sous vide cooking this guide is for you.
- Sous Vide Equipment - Here's a list of commonly used sous vide equipment.
- Sous Vide Safety Issues - Got questions about sous vide food safety, this guide will answer them for you.
- Anova Sous Vide Review - A review of the Anova Bluetooth sous vide precision cooker.
- Anova WiFi Sous Vide Review - A review of the Anova WiFi Sous Vide precision cooker.
- Gourmia Sous Vide Reviews - Reviews for all of the Gourmia POD Sous Vide Immersion cookers.
- Joule Sous Vide Review - A look at the ChefSteps Joule sous vide immersion cooker.
- Sous Vide Instruction Manuals - Looking for a sous vide user manual or instruction we may be able to help you out.
- Bluetooth Kitchen Appliances - Looking for a Bluetooth enabled kitchen appliance here's a list.
- WiFi Kitchen Appliances - Looking for a kitchen appliance that can communicate via WiFi here's a helpful list.
- Sous Vide Instructions Manuals - Looking for sous vide instrutions manuals we have copies of many of the most popular models.
- Buying Guides - Buying guides for different kinds of small appliances
- How To Guides - How To guides to help you choose the right counter top appliances for your needs.
- Product FAQs - Common questions and answers for different types of small appliances in your kitchen.
- Cooking Information - Information and helpful tips to save time and money in the kitchen.
- Kitchen Small Appliance Brand Information - If you're looking for contact information, support, forums, instruction manuals or other information for small kitchen appliances we may be able to help.
- Small Appliance Instructions Manuals - If you're looking for instructions manuals for any of your small appliances we may be able to help.