Nomiku WiFi Sous Vide Immersion Circulator
The Nomiku WiFi Sous Vide is a good quality model with a lot of desireable features, however at it’s current price it isn’t a good value compared to other models.
- 1100 Watts
- Easy to read display
- High capacity and flow rate
- Higher priced
- Not a good value
Nomiku Sous Vide Product Review and Features
When we reviewed the Nomiku WiFi Sous Vide Immersion Circulator we were impressed with its compact design, elegant display, high wattage and good flow rate. However when we compared it to other models that were similarly equipped, the value wasn’t there.
This model is similar to the Joule Sous Vide in that it was much smaller most models, it’s only 13.5″ tall, it is quite a bit wider being a 4″ wide oval shape. The case is a good quality polycarbonate material, not as firm as some of the other models, but it still felt solid and well made. The clip on this model is a spring loaded plastic arm. It’s nowhere near as flexible as the Anova and doesn’t feel as strong as most of the alligator clips, it didn’t slip, but it certainly felt like a weak part of this model.
This model puts out 1100 watts of power, put it on the high end of the models we reviewed, so it’s going to take a lot less time to come to the proper temperature. The maximum temperature is 203°F which should be fine for most people. The minimum water level was 1.25″ and the maximum was 6″, which is a very wide operating range. It can heat a maximum of 5 gallons of water which is about average, and it pumps at 1.5 GPM which is slightly higher than average. This model seemed noisier compared to the other models we looked at, but it’s still a reasonable level and shouldn’t bother most people.
The controls on the Nomiku are a bit of a mixed bag. The display is a 2.4 LCD screen that’s extremely easy to read and can be seen from pretty far away. The settings are controlled by the bright green ring around the display. The rings clicks as you turn it, however, we often found it jumped two selections for only one click, and only moved one time for two clicks, it was more difficult than it needed to be. Secondly, the temperature adjustments are pretty small, so when you turn the unit on and have to bring it up to say 135°F it takes a lot longer than it should and was kind of frustrating. This model does feature WiFi connectivity.
The price and value were our biggest gripes with this model. At the time of testing the price was $179, almost double that of the $110 Anova Sous Vide. The Anova is Bluetooth and this is Wifi so that does account for some of the price difference, but this just feels overpriced, compared to the $120 Gourmia GSV150.
- 1100 Watts
- 1.5 GPM Flow
- 5 Gallon Capacity
- Large Display
Nomiku Sous Vide Product Comparison
|MODEL||Anova Bluetooth Sous Vide||Gourmia GSV150 Sous Vide||Nomiku Sous Vide|
|Controls on Unit||YES||YES||YES|
|Max Water Capacity||5 Gal||5 Gal.||5 Gal.|
|Water Flow||1.2 GPM||1.5 GPM||1.5 GPM|
|Min. Water Depth||2.75″||2.75″||1.25″|
|Max. Water Depth||6.25″||6″||6″|
|Temp. Stability||0.1 °F||0.1 °F||0.2 °F|
|Noise Level||59 DB||55 DB||57 DB|
|Size||14.8 x 2.8 x 2.8 inches||2.8 x 5.8 x 14.8 inches||13.5 x 6 x 2 inches|
|Weight||2.5 pounds||3.5 pounds||4.8 pounds|
|Warranty.||1 Year||1 Year|
|Check Prices||Check Prices||Check Prices|
For more information you can check out our our Helpful Guides below:
- Sous Vide Reviews - read complete reviews of all the Sous Vide cookers we looked at.
- Sous Vide Buying Guide - Want to buy a sous vide machine, this guide will help you learn everything you need to know before making a purchase.
- Sous Vide FAQ - Here are our most frequently asked sous vide questions.
- Top 10 Sous Vide Cookers - Here's a list of our top 10 sous vide machines.
- Best Sous Vide machine - Here's our highest rated sous vide precision cooker.
- Sous Vide Recipes - Here's a collection of some of our favorite sous vide recipes.
- Sous Vide Time and Temperature Chart - Here's a chart to help you find the proper time and temperature to set your sous vide.
- How to Cook Sous Vide - Here's our guide to understanding sous vide cooking.
- Beginners Guide to Sous Vide - If you're a beginner to sous vide cooking this guide is for you.
- Sous Vide Equipment - Here's a list of commonly used sous vide equipment.
- Sous Vide Safety Issues - Got questions about sous vide food safety, this guide will answer them for you.
- Anova Sous Vide Review - A review of the Anova Bluetooth sous vide precision cooker.
- Anova WiFi Sous Vide Review - A review of the Anova WiFi Sous Vide precision cooker.
- Gourmia Sous Vide Reviews - Reviews for all of the Gourmia POD Sous Vide Immersion cookers.
- Joule Sous Vide Review - A look at the ChefSteps Joule sous vide immersion cooker.
- Sous Vide Instruction Manuals - Looking for a sous vide user manual or instruction we may be able to help you out.
- Bluetooth Kitchen Appliances - Looking for a Bluetooth enabled kitchen appliance here's a list.
- WiFi Kitchen Appliances - Looking for a kitchen appliance that can communicate via WiFi here's a helpful list.
- Sous Vide Instructions Manuals - Looking for sous vide instrutions manuals we have copies of many of the most popular models.
- Buying Guides - Buying guides for different kinds of small appliances
- How To Guides - How To guides to help you choose the right counter top appliances for your needs.
- Product FAQs - Common questions and answers for different types of small appliances in your kitchen.
- Cooking Information - Information and helpful tips to save time and money in the kitchen.
- Kitchen Small Appliance Brand Information - If you're looking for contact information, support, forums, instruction manuals or other information for small kitchen appliances we may be able to help.
- Small Appliance Instructions Manuals - If you're looking for instructions manuals for any of your small appliances we may be able to help.