Dust off your slow cooker and whip up a batch of these amazingly delicious refried beans. Once you experience their incredible taste and texture you will never make a taco salad, tacos, burritos or even simply enjoy a side dish of these beans again without making your own.
You will need the following ingredients to whip up this magic bean potion. As you can see, measurements are pretty much left up to your personal taste, so you can tailor these to your own family’s likes and dislikes.
- 1 pound ofdry pinto beans
- Onion powder to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- Chili powder to taste
- salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Cumin to taste
- 4 cubes of low sodium beef boullion
- Soak beans in a bowl or Dutch oven filled with water overnight. Drain and rinse your beans in the morning. Sort through them carefully to make sure there are no rocks–sometimes this can happen when cooking with dried beans.
- Place beans in your slow cooker and submerge in water at least an inch and half over the top of the beans. Put all your spices in with the beans. Dissolve your beef bouillon cubes in a half cup of water and add to the crock pot.
- Cook on low about 8 hours. Drain the beans and save about 2 cups of the cooking liquid. Use an electric mixer or a Kitchen Aid stand mixer to mash up the beans, adding in some of the cooking liquid to make the consistency creamy.You might need to add salt or other spices at this time.