The graham cracker pralines aren’t just delicious–they’re easy to whip up quickly, too. For example when you realize the night before that you promised to make something for your child’s school holiday part or for an office gathering the next day, these are your new go-to recipe. They require only four ingredients–most of which you likely have in your pantry already.
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup of light brown sugar, packed firmly
- 1 cup of coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 package graham crackers
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the bottom of a cookie sheet )be sure to choose one that has sides) with graham crackers. Don’t bother with greasing the pan. (It may be necessary to cut a few graham crackers to fit on the edges, however. And don’t worry if they’re not exact.)
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan, and add in both the brown sugar and the pecans. Bring this mixture to a boil and then boil for about two minutes.
- Pour the brown sugar mixture over the graham crackers, spreading with a knife to evenly coat them at all four edges of the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for between 8 and 10 minutes.
- Remove your cookie sheet from the oven and allow the graham cracker pralines to sit for about two or three minutes before cutting them into squares. Then let them cool completely before removing them from the cookie sheet.
These store beautifully in an air tight container for about five days.
I like to melt a few chocolate chips in a small plastic bag. Once melted, I cut off one of the corners and drizzle the melted chocolate over the graham cracker pralines. This not only adds some pizzaz to how these delicious treats look, but they add some chocolate flavor as well. Regardless, you’re going to love this quick and easy recipe.