Gourmia GSV140 Immersion Circulator
The Gourmia GSV140 Sous Vide is a middle of road unit, it’s well made, has plenty of power, and has a high GPM flow rate. It sacrifices remote connectivity for better pricing.
- 1200 Watts of Power
- High GPM Flow Rate
- Display is Easy to Read
- No WiFi or Bluetooth
- Larger in size
- Heavier in weight
Gourmia GSV140 Review – Product Review and Features
The Gourmia GSV140 Immersion Circulator is the mid level product that sits between the Gourmia GSV150 WiFi Sous Vide and the budget friendly Gourmia GSV130. This model gives you some upgrades but at a very resonable $99 price point.
This model measured 18″ tall making it the tallest unit we reviewed. The stainless steel tube was 2.5″, and with the clip it came in at 3.5″ across. This model also weighed 3.7 pounds making it one of the heavier models. This build quality of this model was very solid and good quality, we don’t expect anyone would have issues with build quality.
Like all Gourmia sous vide machines this features an alligator style clamp, you simply squeeze one end of the handle and slide it down over the edge of your cooking vessel. On the positive side, it’s very easy to put up and take down. On the negative side, there’s not a lot of room for adjustment, and it won’t fit over the side of a thick-walled cooking vessel like an insulated cooler. This can be either a positive or negative depending on your style of cooking.
All of the Gourmia immersion cookers that we looked at were 1200 watts putting them at the top of the power range. This means your cooking will progress much faster than other models. However, if you are cooking something with a long cooking time you will have to be more concerned about evaporation. It has a maximum temperature of 203°F which is the lowest of all the models we reviewed but isn’t an issue for most people as the majority of your cooking is done at a much lower temperature. The minimum water level is 2.75″ and the maximum water level is 6″. This is one of the narrower ranges, so again evaporation may be an issue. It’s rated to heat 5 gallons of water which is average compared to other models. It’s rated for 2.1 Gallons Per Minute flow rate, this means your water will circulate faster and come to temperature sooner. The noise level was average compared to the other models we tested.
The nicest thing about this model compared to the other Gourmia models was the LED digital readout was on a slight angle, this makes it much easier to read than the others models which are flat on top. One weird aspect is the scroll wheel that’s used to set the temperature is on the back. This is a little awkward as you’re always reaching around and feeling for it because you can’t quite see it. Originally this unit came in a variety of colors such as white, gold and a dark purple. Currently, the only color being made is the purple, the other colors are only available from second-hand resellers and can get somewhat pricey. There is no WiFi or Bluetooth connectivity on this model.
To conclude, the GSV140 Sous Vide Precision Cooker is a well-made unit that will make your water bath cooking both fast and easy. It’s a little larger and heavier than most, and the clamp and controls are a little awkward but aren’t a deal-breakers. If you don’t need remote connectivity at $99 this model will work well for you.
- High power
- High flow rate
- Easy to read display
- Easy to use clamp
GSV140 Product Comparison
Sous Vide Comparison Chart
Gourmia GSV130 Sous Vide
Gourmia GSV140 Imerssion Cicrulator
|Controls on Unit||YES||YES|
|Max Water Capacity||5 Gal.||5 Gal.|
|Water Flow||1.5 GPM||2.1 GPM|
|Min. Water Depth||2.75″||2.75″|
|Max. Water Depth||6″||6″|
|Temp. Stability||0.1 °F||0.1 °F|
|Noise Level||59 DB||59 DB|
|Size||14.5 x 2.5 x 3.5 inches||18 x 7.5 x 4.5 inches|
|Weight||2.3 pounds||3.7 pounds|
|Warranty.||1 Year||1 Year|
|Directions Manual||Instructions Manual||Instructions Manual|
|Check Prices||Check Prices|
Reviewed Item: Gourmia GSV140
For more information you can check out our our Helpful Guides below:
- Sous Vide Reviews - read complete reviews of all the Sous Vide cookers we looked at.
- Sous Vide Buying Guide - Want to buy a sous vide machine, this guide will help you learn everything you need to know before making a purchase.
- Sous Vide FAQ - Here are our most frequently asked sous vide questions.
- Top 10 Sous Vide Cookers - Here's a list of our top 10 sous vide machines.
- Best Sous Vide machine - Here's our highest rated sous vide precision cooker.
- Sous Vide Recipes - Here's a collection of some of our favorite sous vide recipes.
- Sous Vide Time and Temperature Chart - Here's a chart to help you find the proper time and temperature to set your sous vide.
- How to Cook Sous Vide - Here's our guide to understanding sous vide cooking.
- Beginners Guide to Sous Vide - If you're a beginner to sous vide cooking this guide is for you.
- Sous Vide Equipment - Here's a list of commonly used sous vide equipment.
- Sous Vide Safety Issues - Got questions about sous vide food safety, this guide will answer them for you.
- Anova Sous Vide Review - A review of the Anova Bluetooth sous vide precision cooker.
- Anova WiFi Sous Vide Review - A review of the Anova WiFi Sous Vide precision cooker.
- Gourmia Sous Vide Reviews - Reviews for all of the Gourmia POD Sous Vide Immersion cookers.
- Joule Sous Vide Review - A look at the ChefSteps Joule sous vide immersion cooker.
- Sous Vide Instruction Manuals - Looking for a sous vide user manual or instruction we may be able to help you out.
- Bluetooth Kitchen Appliances - Looking for a Bluetooth enabled kitchen appliance here's a list.
- WiFi Kitchen Appliances - Looking for a kitchen appliance that can communicate via WiFi here's a helpful list.
- Sous Vide Instructions Manuals - Looking for sous vide instrutions manuals we have copies of many of the most popular models.
- Buying Guides - Buying guides for different kinds of small appliances
- How To Guides - How To guides to help you choose the right counter top appliances for your needs.
- Product FAQs - Common questions and answers for different types of small appliances in your kitchen.
- Cooking Information - Information and helpful tips to save time and money in the kitchen.
- Kitchen Small Appliance Brand Information - If you're looking for contact information, support, forums, instruction manuals or other information for small kitchen appliances we may be able to help.
- Small Appliance Instructions Manuals - If you're looking for instructions manuals for any of your small appliances we may be able to help.