Gourmia GSV130 Immersion Circulator – Precision Cooker
The Gourmia GSV130 Sous Vide Immersion Cooker is perfect for people who don’t need all of the bells and whistles or who are shopping on a budget. It’s quality build and powerful heater make it great choice for entry level chefs.
- 1200 Watts of power
- Solid construction
- Value priced
- Narrow operating range
- No WiFi or Bluetooth
Gourmia GSV130 – Product Review and Features
The Gourmia GSV130 Immersion Cooker is their base model, with the Gourmia GSV150 WiFi Sous Vide sitting at the top, and the Gourmia GSV140 sitting in the middle. This model gives you just the basics, but at a very budget friendly $80.
This model is under 15″ in height, the tube is 2.5″ in diameter and with the clip it’s 3.5″ across. As far as the size goes it’s right in the middle. It only weighs 2.3 pounds making it one of the lightest unit that we looked at. This small size and lightweight make this unit very attractive for someone with a small kitchen, has limited storage space, or struggles to lift heavy cookware and appliances.
Overall the unit has a good solid feel to it and seems well made. The stainless steel tube is solid and doesn’t feel like it will easily dent or get damaged. The plastic feels sturdy and high quality, we didn’t see anything that gave us any concern as far as build quality was concerned.
As was noted in all of our other Gourmia product reviews, this model features and alligator style clamp. You simply squeeze the clamp open, place it down over the sidewall of your cooking vessel, and the pressure from the spring holds it in place. The clamp was strong so there wasn’t any concern about it coming loose or moving. The style of the clamp does mean there isn’t too much room for adjusting the height of the unit. Depending on your cooking vessel this could be problem as you will need to keep the proper volume of water between the high and low water markings.
All of the Gourmia immersion cookers are rated for 1200 watts, which was the highest of all of the models we looked at. As an end user, this means your food items are going to come to temperature and cook much more quickly than lower powered units. The maximum temperature for this unit is 203°F, most people will be using much lower temperatures to cook their food items. The minimum water level for this unit is 2.75″ and the high water mark is at 6″ this is one of the narrower ranges, so you will need to pay more attention to evaporation. This model is rated to heat a maximum of 5 gallons the same as all of the other Gourmia Sous Vide units. This model operates at 1.5 GPM which is lower than the 2.1 GPM found on the other models. The lower the GPM the longer your water takes to reach it’s desired temperature. As far as operating noise this model was on the high end of the other models we looked at, but it wasn’t noisy enough to be an issue.
The LED readout and controls for this model are located on the top of the unit. One of our complaints with this model is the readout is flat on the top, not on an angle, meaning you have to look down to read it. People who aren’t very tall may find this inconvenient as it will be at least 15″ higher than the countertop. The temperature is set with a scroll wheel on the side, the digital readout tells you both current temperature and set temperature, so you can monitor your progress. There is no timer on this model, and it doesn’t have Bluetooth or WiFi connectivity.
If you are someone who doesn’t plan to do a lot of sous vide cooking this would be a great choice, it doesn’t have a lot of extra features, but it is one of the two models we reviewed for $80 (See our Slaiya Sous Vide Reviews). If storage space is at a premium or if you have difficulty lifting heavy cookware the GSV130 may also be the right unit for you, as it’s smaller and lighter than most models. Lastly if you are shopping on a budget this is a model that should definitely be on your short list.
- High powered heating element
- Easy to use clamp
- Not overly complicated
- Perfect for budget shoppers
Gourmia GSV130 Videos
Gourmia GSV130 Comparison Table
Sous Vide Comparison Chart
Gourmia GSV140 Sous Vide
Gourmia GSV130 Sous Vide
|Controls on Unit||YES||YES|
|Max Water Capacity||5 Gal.||5 Gal.|
|Water Flow||2.1 GPM||1.5 GPM|
|Min. Water Depth||2.75″||2.75″|
|Max. Water Depth||6″||6″|
|Temp. Stability||0.1 °F||0.1 °F|
|Noise Level||59 DB||59 DB|
|Size||18 x 7.5 x 4.5 inches||14.5 x 2.5 x 3.5 inches|
|Weight||3.7 pounds||2.3 pounds|
|Warranty.||1 Year||1 Year|
|Directions Manual||Instructions Manual||Instructions Manual|
|Check Prices||Check Prices|
For more information you can check out our our Helpful Guides below:
- Sous Vide Reviews - read complete reviews of all the Sous Vide cookers we looked at.
- Sous Vide Buying Guide - Want to buy a sous vide machine, this guide will help you learn everything you need to know before making a purchase.
- Sous Vide FAQ - Here are our most frequently asked sous vide questions.
- Top 10 Sous Vide Cookers - Here's a list of our top 10 sous vide machines.
- Best Sous Vide machine - Here's our highest rated sous vide precision cooker.
- Sous Vide Recipes - Here's a collection of some of our favorite sous vide recipes.
- Sous Vide Time and Temperature Chart - Here's a chart to help you find the proper time and temperature to set your sous vide.
- How to Cook Sous Vide - Here's our guide to understanding sous vide cooking.
- Beginners Guide to Sous Vide - If you're a beginner to sous vide cooking this guide is for you.
- Sous Vide Equipment - Here's a list of commonly used sous vide equipment.
- Sous Vide Safety Issues - Got questions about sous vide food safety, this guide will answer them for you.
- Anova Sous Vide Review - A review of the Anova Bluetooth sous vide precision cooker.
- Anova WiFi Sous Vide Review - A review of the Anova WiFi Sous Vide precision cooker.
- Gourmia Sous Vide Reviews - Reviews for all of the Gourmia POD Sous Vide Immersion cookers.
- Joule Sous Vide Review - A look at the ChefSteps Joule sous vide immersion cooker.
- Sous Vide Instruction Manuals - Looking for a sous vide user manual or instruction we may be able to help you out.
- Bluetooth Kitchen Appliances - Looking for a Bluetooth enabled kitchen appliance here's a list.
- WiFi Kitchen Appliances - Looking for a kitchen appliance that can communicate via WiFi here's a helpful list.
- Sous Vide Instructions Manuals - Looking for sous vide instrutions manuals we have copies of many of the most popular models.
- Buying Guides - Buying guides for different kinds of small appliances
- How To Guides - How To guides to help you choose the right counter top appliances for your needs.
- Product FAQs - Common questions and answers for different types of small appliances in your kitchen.
- Cooking Information - Information and helpful tips to save time and money in the kitchen.
- Kitchen Small Appliance Brand Information - If you're looking for contact information, support, forums, instruction manuals or other information for small kitchen appliances we may be able to help.
- Small Appliance Instructions Manuals - If you're looking for instructions manuals for any of your small appliances we may be able to help.