FoodSaver 4840 2-in-1 Vacuum Sealing System
The FoodSaver 4840 automatic vacuum sealer is one of the top products from the Foodsaver product line. It’s controls are laid out in easy to use straight forward arrangement, making it very easy to use.
- Easy to use control layout
- Automatic bag sealing
- Seals both wet and dry products
- Can be somewhat noisy
- Operation is slow compared to other models
FoodSaver 4840 Features
The FoodSaver 4840 is one of top of the line Foodsaver vacuum sealers. This model is nearly identical to the FoodSaver V4440, the main differences are the addition of pulse mode and the arrangement of the controls. Pulse mode is helpful for sealing delicate items like potato chips and lettuce. The unit auto-senses bag and automatically seals them closed. The bag roll is self-contained in the back of the unit, and it comes with a retractable hose for sealing Ziploc bags, containers or canisters, making this a true automatic vacuum sealing system.
- Control layout is improved over other models
- Automatic extra wide sealing bar
- Compact countertop design
- Retractable handheld sealer
- Easy to clean removeable dishwasher safe drip tray
FoodSaver 4840 Videos
FoodSaver 4440 Product Comparison
|Model No.||FoodSaver V2244 Review||FoodSaver 4840 Review|
|Seal Bar Length||11″||16″|
|Removable Drip Tray||Yes||Yes|
|Built-in Roll Storage||No||Yes|
|Automatic Bag Detection||No||Yes|
|Retractable Handheld Sealer||No||Yes|
|Warranty||5 Year||5 Year|
|Size||5.9″ x 10.6″ x 17.7″||11″ x 20″ x 12″|
|Weight||4.8 pounds||10 pounds|
FoodSaver 4840 Product Specifications
- Physical Dimensions: 11″ x 20″ x 12″
- Weight: 10 pounds
- Item Model Number: FSFSSL4840-000
- Electric: 120V 3 prong plug
- FoodSaver V4840 Instruction Manual
FoodSaver V4840 vs V4440
The FoodSaver 4840 is the upgraded model from the V4440. The biggest difference between the two units is the addition of pulse mode. This allows you to control the rate of the vacuum seal so you can seal delicate items like bread, lettuce, and potato chips without crushing them. This can also be used on ziptop bags or dry food items in canisters. The second biggest difference is the controls on the 4840 are on the top of the unit, making them slightly easier to use.
Reviewed Item: FoodSaver 4840
Related ArticleDo you need a new hand mixer but don't know where to start? We've written a guide to tell you what features are important and what you should be looking for to help you save time and money in the kitchen Read our Hand Mixer Buying Guide to learn more.
For more information you can check out our our Helpful Guides below:
- Vacuum Sealer Buying Guide - The ultimate guide to helping you choose the vacuum sealer that right for you.
- How to Choose a Vacuum Sealer - What factors you should be looking at when buying a vacuum sealer.
- Vacuum Sealer FAQ - Answers to common questions people have when buying a food vacuum sealer.
- Vacuum Sealer Reviews - In depth reviews for for each of the vacuum sealers we looked at.
- Best Vacuum Sealer - The best vacuum sealer according to our editorial team.
- Top 10 Vacuum Sealers - A top 10 ranking for each of the vacuum sealers we reviewed.
- Buying Guides - Buying guides for different kinds of small appliances
- How To Guides - How To guides to help you choose the right counter top appliances for your needs.
- Product FAQs - Common questions and answers for different types of small appliances in your kitchen.
- Cooking Information - Information and helpful tips to save time and money in the kitchen.
- Kitchen Small Appliance Brand Information - If you're looking for contact information, support, forums, instruction manuals or other information for small kitchen appliances we may be able to help.
- Small Appliance Instructions Manuals - If you're looking for instructions manuals for any of your small appliances we may be able to help.