Our FoodSaver Reviews help you find the right food vacuum sealer for your needs. Our reviews look at vacuum sealer features, product design, accessories, size, and price, to help you understand the differences from one model to the next so you can make an informed decision. Many of the food saver reviews feature videos of the products helping you understand how to properly use them, and how they work. It’s easy to get started saving money and keeping food fresh with a vacuum sealer.
Our reviews show the Best FoodSaver model is the FoodSaver V4440. This model gives you the best combination of price and features that, and one touch automatic vacuum sealing will fill the needs of most consumers. The 2-in-1 automatic vacuum sealing system makes it easy to start saving money vacuum sealing your food. For consumers looking for the top of the line the FoodSaver V4840, is the model to choose, it allows you to vacuum seal more delicate items, and comes with the same great automatic sealing features. The one touch automatic vacuum sealing makes it a snap to use.
|Brand – Model #||Price||Rating|
|FoodSaver V4840||$150.00||Check Prices|
|FoodSaver FM2435||$90.00||Check Prices|
|FoodSaver V3835||$158.00||Check Prices|
|FoodSaver V3460||$110.00||Check Prices|
|FoodSaver V2244||$55.00||Check Prices|
If you’re looking for a more moderately priced unit the FoodSaver FM2435 or Foodsaver V3240 are both good choices. For consumers on a limited budget the FoodSaver V2244 vacuum sealer, is the best choice, it performs the basic vacuum sealing most people are interested in without with the extra cost associated with a handheld sealer accessory hose for canister and zip top bag sealing. All of the starter kit models come with bags included to you can start to seal bags right away. Any of the models with an accessory hose will let you seal zipper bags. The product table below gives an easy to compare chart of important product features.
FoodSaver Product Features
|FoodSaver V2244||FoodSaver V3460||FoodSaver V3835||FoodSaver FM2435||FoodSaver V4840||FoodSaver V4440|
|Seal Bar Size||11″||11″||11″||16″||16″||16″|
|Built in Bag Storage||–||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Automatic Bag Detection||–||YES||YES||–||YES||YES|
|Weight in LBS||4.8||10||11.2||7||10||10|
The Foodsaver food vacuum sealers feature product innovations, such as PulseVac™, which allows you to vacuum seal delicate items like potato chips in an airtight storage bag without crushing them. Many of the food sealer units feature automatic sealing, which starts the sealing process with a hands-free operation. All of the FoodSaver food sealers come with a removable dishwasher safe drip tray for sealing your food in liquid or for marinading meats. Many models also come with built-in storage for bag rolls right in the unit, making it fast and convenient to use. It is recommended that you only FoodSaver certified storage bags, they sealing temperature can vary from one brand to another. The bags are microwave and simmer safe, BPA free, and prevent air and moisture from passing through the plastic and spoiling the food. All FoodSaver products come with a 5-year warranty. A vacuum food sealer is a great way to save money, prevent freezer burn, or get started with Sous-Vide cooking. Food vacuum sealing can bring an extra dimension to everyone’s kitchen.
FoodSaver Frequently Asked Questions
Does a FoodSaver Really Work?
Yes a FoodSaver really does work, by removing the oxygen from package where your food items are stored you can dramatically extend the time you can store a food item before it goes bad.
Does a FoodSaver Save Money?
Yes, a FoodSaver does save you money, because you are extending the time you can store food, you increase the likelihood you will use it before it goes bad. Less food waste means more money saved.
Does a FoodSaver Marinator Work?
Yes, the FoodSaver Marinator does work, by removing air from the package you increase the surface area that comes into contact with the marinading liquid. More contact translates into more flavor.
Can You Boil FoodSaver Bags?
As long as you are using official FooodSaver bags they are freezer, microwave and simmer safe. You can leave them in a pot of simmering water, you should turn down the temperature once the water starts to boil, and you don’t want to leave it in a rolling boil of water.
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Chinese 5 spice blend
- ¼ teaspoon mustard powder
- 4 salmon fillets or steaks, about ¼ pound each
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine soy sauce, mirin, garlic, and 5 spice blend in small bowl.
- Transfer marinade to half sealed bag with salmon fillets. Close and vacuum seal bag, and leave in refrigerator for up to 2 hours.
- Preheat grill or oven broiler on low.
- Using cooking oil or
non stickspray and paper towel, lubricate the top of grill rack or broiler rack.
- Drain the salmon fillets and place skin side down on
cookingrack and cook for 10 minutes.
- While salmon is cooking use put reserved liquid in small
sauce panheat on medium heat. cook until saucestarts to thicken.
- When sauce has thickened baste the top of salmon fillets and cook for additional 5 minutes. Discard remaining sauce.
- Remove from grill and place on serving platter. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro.
For more information you can check out our our Helpful Guides below:
- Vacuum Sealer Buying Guide - The ultimate guide to helping you choose the vacuum sealer that right for you.
- How to Choose a Vacuum Sealer - What factors you should be looking at when buying a vacuum sealer.
- Vacuum Sealer FAQ - Answers to common questions people have when buying a food vacuum sealer.
- Vacuum Sealer Reviews - In depth reviews for for each of the vacuum sealers we looked at.
- Best Vacuum Sealer - The best vacuum sealer according to our editorial team.
- Top 10 Vacuum Sealers - A top 10 ranking for each of the vacuum sealers we reviewed.
- Buying Guides - Buying guides for different kinds of small appliances
- How To Guides - How To guides to help you choose the right counter top appliances for your needs.
- Product FAQs - Common questions and answers for different types of small appliances in your kitchen.
- Cooking Information - Information and helpful tips to save time and money in the kitchen.
- Kitchen Small Appliance Brand Information - If you're looking for contact information, support, forums, instruction manuals or other information for small kitchen appliances we may be able to help.
- Small Appliance Instructions Manuals - If you're looking for instructions manuals for any of your small appliances we may be able to help.