Cuisinart CPT-440 Toaster
- 4.5 Stars
The Cuisinart CPT440 is our highest rated 4 slice toaster, it is an all digital toasters that has all of the features you would want on a modern toaster.
- Automatic one touch toast feature
- 7 Toast shade settings
- Extra wide toast slots
- All digital controls
- No Manual lift lever
- Higher than average price
Cuisinart CPT-440 Toaster – Product Features
The Cuisinart CPT-440 Toaster is our highest rated 4 slice toaster, it features the right blend of features at a reasonable price. All Cuisinart products come with a three year manufacturer warranty. If you are looking for a 2 slice toaster, check out the Cuisinart CPT420 Review.
The CPT-440 has 7 different toast shade settings, a bagel setting, and a defrost setting. This is a lever-less toaster, meaning you push a button and the toast automatically lowers into the toasting chamber. This may not seem like a big deal but all of our reviewers liked it, and it was something we missed when looking at lower priced models. The unit features all metal construction, giving it a very firm and durable feel.
The slots on this model are extra wide and can accommodate slices up 1.5″ thick, allowing it to heat up most Belgian Waffles. There are two crumb tray drawers for cleaning, we don’t recommend turning it upside down as this may trap crumbs against the heating elements, which will make a burning smell for the next few cycles. This model also features a reheat setting allowing you to heat something without toasting the sides.
Some people noticed a slight burning smell the first few times the toaster was used, this was probably dust that had accumulated on the heating elements during shipping. It went away after a few toast cycles. Like all Cuisinart Small Appliances this model features cord storage that’s built into the base, allowing you to keep your counter a little tidier.
All of the controls on this model are all digital, if you’re someone who doesn’t embrace technology, you might not enjoy this on your toaster, we’d suggest the Cuisinart CPT-640 Toaster instead. There is no manual high lift lever on this model, which is something we wish it had, but we don’t think it’s a deal breaker at all. Overall we didn’t have many complaints about this model, which is why it received our highest rating.
- 4 Extra wide wlots
- Automatic lever-less design
- 7 Toast shade settings
- Integrated cord control
- Bagel, defrost, and reheat settings
Cuisinart CPT440 Toaster Product Comparison
|Number of Slices||4||4||4|
|Controls||Push Button||Dial – Button – Lever||Digital|
|Toast Shade Settings||5||7||7|
|High Lift Lever||Manual||Manual||Auto|
|Power||1800 Watts||1800 Watts||1800 Watts|
|Colors||Contour Silver, |
|Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
|Warranty||1 Year||3 Year||3 Year|
|Weight||8 pounds||7.3 pounds||5.5 pounds|
|Size||11.5 x 12.5 x 8.3 inches||13 x 13 x 9.2 inches||11 x 10.2 x 7.3 inches|
|Instructions Manual||Cuisinart CPT-640 Directions||Cuisinart CPT-440 Directions|
|Ratings||- 4.5 Stars||- 4.0 Stars||- 4.5 Stars|
|Check Prices||Check Prices||Check Prices|
Reviewed Item: Cuisinart CPT440
For more information see all of our Toaster Related Articles:
- Breville Toaster Reviews - Comparison Table for all Breville models
- Cuisinart Toaster Reviews - Comparison Table for all Cuisinart models
- Buying Guides - Buying guides for different kinds of small appliances
- How To Guides - How To guides to help you choose the right counter top appliances for your needs.
- Product FAQs - Common questions and answers for different types of small appliances in your kitchen.
- Cooking Information - Information and helpful tips to save time and money in the kitchen.
- Kitchen Small Appliance Brand Information - If you're looking for contact information, support, forums, instruction manuals or other information for small kitchen appliances we may be able to help.
- Small Appliance Instructions Manuals - If you're looking for instructions manuals for any of your small appliances we may be able to help.