Cuisinart CPT-420 Toaster
- 4.5 Stars
The Cuisinart CPT-420 Toaster is our highest rated 2 slice toaster. It has all of the features you want in a modern toaster, including automatic raising and lowering.
- Automatic digital operation.
- Bagel, Defrost, and Reheat settings.
- 7 Different toast shade settings.
- Digital controls may not be for everyone.
- No manual lift lever.
- Higher than average price.
Cuisinart CPT-420 Toaster – Product Features
The Cuisinart CPT-420 Toaster is our highest rated 2 slice toaster. It’s a modern toaster with all of the features most people are going to want in a toaster, with the right balance of quality and price. This toaster would make a great addition to your kitchen.
We reviewed several Cuisinart Toasters and this model is our top recommendation. This toaster has a Bagel, Defrost, and Reheat setting, and has a 7 different toast shades available. This is a modern toaster and all of the controls are electronic or digital. The settings are made using one of the three buttons. The toast shade settings are set using +/- buttons and a backlit LED display. This model also automatically lowers and raises the toast into the toasting chamber. All of our reviewers loved this feature and it’s something they missed on the lower end models. The toast will slowly raise out of the unit when it’s done. Another nice feature is the countdown timer.
The CPT-420 is the two slice model and the Cuisinart CPT-440 Toaster is the 4 slice model. This model has wide slots that can accommodate items up to 1.5″ thick. This means it’s not going to be a problem for most thick Sourdough Bread or Belgian Waffles.
This model has a brushed stainless steel housing that will only get warm when in use. Like all Cuisinart small appliances this unit has cord storage integrated into the base, so you unwrap only as much cord as you need, helping you keep your counter nice and tidy. The Unit is just over 11″ x 10″ x 7″ and weighs 5.5 pounds. This makes it one of the smallest and lightest of all the models we reviewed. It comes with a 3-year manufacturer warranty.
This model is best suited for just about everyone, as it has all of the features you’re looking for at a reasonable price. The only people who may not like this model are people who don’t appreciate modern technology in kitchen appliances. If you prefer a toaster with manual controls look at the DeLonghi CTO2003R Toaster or the Krups KH732D Toaster. We think this toaster would be a perfect fit for almost every kitchen.
- Modern toaster.
- Digital controls and operation.
- Bagel, Defrost, and Reheat settings.
- 7 Toast shade settings.
- Automatic toast lowering and raising.
- Wide slots.
- High quality and construction.
Cuisinart CPT-420 Toaster Product Comparison
|Number of Slices||2||2||2|
|Controls||Dial – Button – Lever||Slide – Push Button||Digital|
|Toast Shade Settings||6||5||7|
|Countdown Timer||No||Yes – LED||Yes|
|High Lift Lever||Manual||Auto||Auto|
|Power||525 Watts||900 Watts||900 Watts|
|Colors||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel, |
|Warranty||2 Years||1 Year||3 Years|
|Weight||3.27 pounds||4 pounds||3.5 pounds|
|Size||13.2 x 8.5 x 8.6 inches||11.2 x 8 x 7.8 inches||6.5 x 10.5 x 7 inches|
|Instructions Manual||Cuisinart CPT-420 Directions|
|Ratings||- 4.0 Stars||- 4.0 Stars||- 4.5 Stars|
|Check Prices||Check Prices||Check Prices|
Reviewed Item: Cuisinart CPT420
Related ArticleDo you need a new hand mixer but don't know where to start? We've written a guide to tell you what features are important and what you should be looking for to help you save time and money in the kitchen Read our Hand Mixer Buying Guide to learn more.
For more information see all of our Toaster Related Articles:
- Breville Toaster Reviews - Comparison Table for all Breville models
- Cuisinart Toaster Reviews - Comparison Table for all Cuisinart models
- Buying Guides - Buying guides for different kinds of small appliances
- How To Guides - How To guides to help you choose the right counter top appliances for your needs.
- Product FAQs - Common questions and answers for different types of small appliances in your kitchen.
- Cooking Information - Information and helpful tips to save time and money in the kitchen.
- Kitchen Small Appliance Brand Information - If you're looking for contact information, support, forums, instruction manuals or other information for small kitchen appliances we may be able to help.
- Small Appliance Instructions Manuals - If you're looking for instructions manuals for any of your small appliances we may be able to help.