Breville BHM800SIL – The Handy Mix Scraper
The Breville BHM800SIL is extremely high quality, and has a very high quality motor with 9 speeds, and boost. It’s also the most expensive of all the mixers we reviewed.
- Powerful 240 Watt DC motor with 9 speeds
- More attachments than other units
- Convieient storage
- Very expensive
- Heavier than other mixers
KitchenAid KHM926 Review – Product Features | Videos | Product Comparison | Product Specifications | Return to Top
Breville BHM800SIL Review Product Features
The Breville BHM800SIL, also known as the Breville Handy Mix Scraper is one of our highest rated hand mixers, with a price of $130 it’s also the most expensive. Breville products are known for being top of the line and it’s 9 speed 240 watt DC motor is also one of the strongest. DC motors are much stronger than AC motors found in lower price units, and essential if you want to use a hand mixer on thick bread and cookie doughs. This unit is also the only unit we reviewed that had a numeric digital LED readout, the others only had a bar graph. The unit features a slow start so you don’t splatter your ingredients all over the counter. It also comes with something called Beater IQ™ that senses which attachments are in the mixer and adjusts the speed accordingly. Another interesting feature is the count up timer so you can tell how long you’ve been mixing if your recipe has precise mixing instructions. The unit is on the larger size, and it’s definitely one of the heaviest weighing 4 pounds. The unit has a LED light that illuminates what your mixing, this may sound unnecessary, but we found it to be a really nice feature. There are two wire beaters included with the mixer that has silicone covered tips, these prevent scraping the bottom of the bowl. It was also nice to see two dough hooks, as most hand mixers only come with one. There are also two wire beaters for whipping, again most hand mixers only have one. When it comes time to store your hand mixer, there’s a plastic bin that holds all of the mixer attachments, and cord and the mixer snaps on top.
- 240 Watt DC motor
- 9 Speeds
- Soft start
- Power boost
- Multiple attachments
- Convienent storage
Breville BHM800SIL Product Comparison
|Model No.||Cuisinart HM-50 Hand Mixer Review||Breville BHM800SIL Hand Mixer Review|
|Wattage||220 Watt AC Motor||240 Watt DC Motor|
|Dough hook||No||Yes (2)|
|Wire Beaters||Yes (2)||No|
|Storage||No||Yes plastic bin|
|Warranty||3 Year||1 Year|
|Size||9″ x 5″ x 9″||8.5″ x 3.5″ x 10.2″|
|Weight||3 pounds||4 pounds|
|Instruction Manual|| Cuisinart HM-50 |
|Breville BHM800SIL |
|Check Prices||Check Prices|
Reviewed Item: Breville BHM800
- Hand Mixer Buying Guide - Our ultimate guide to teaching you everything you need to know before buying a hand mixer.
- Hand Mixer FAQ - Frequently asked questions and answers people have when shopping for a hand mixer.
- Hand Mixer Reviews - Individual reviews for each of the hand mixers we looked at.
- Top 10 Hand Mixers - Our top 10 rankings for all of the hand mixers we've reviewed.
- Best Hand Mixer - Our top recomended hand mixer.
You can see all of our guides from the links below:
- Buying Guides - Buying guides for different kinds of small appliances
- How To Guides - How To guides to help you choose the right counter top appliances for your needs.
- Product FAQs - Common questions and answers for different types of small appliances in your kitchen.
- Cooking Information - Information and helpful tips to save time and money in the kitchen.
- Kitchen Small Appliance Brand Information - If you're looking for contact information, support, forums, instruction manuals or other information for small kitchen appliances we may be able to help.
- Small Appliance Instructions Manuals - If you're looking for instructions manuals for any of your small appliances we may be able to help.