Anova WiFi Sous Vide Precision Cooker
The Anova WiFi Sous Vide Precision Cooker is a well designed high quality model, however it’s a little pricey compared to similarly equipped models on the market.
- 900 Watts
- WIFi Enabled
- High Quality Workmanship
- Comparatively Expensive
- Lower Flow Rate
Anova WiFi Sous Vide Product Features
The Anova Wifi Sous Vide Precision Cooker is the new upgraded model from Anova. This model is slightly more powerful than the Anova Bluetooth Sous Vide and comes with the more flexible WiFi connectivity. These upgrades do come at a steep price upgrade of $60 more than the previous model.
This model is just under 15″ high and under 3″ in diameter, although the clamp will add almost 4″ to one side. The top of the unit is a high impact polycarbonate plastic that’s very solid. The tube is an extremely high-quality stainless steel sleeve that can be removed for cleaning. The Anova sous vide machines all get very high marks when looking at build quality.
The clamp design on the Anova sous vide cookers is the favorite of all the models we reviewed. It’s a detachable ring with a set screw that you attach to the side of your cooking vessel. It allows you clamp it to virtually anything, and you can control the distance between the unit and the sidewall. More importantly, when you put the tube with the cooking element through the ring you can adjust the height, this makes things a lot easier to work with.
This unit is rated at 900 watts, which is on the lower end of all the units we reviewed, but it is 100 watts more powerful than the Bluetooth model. The maximum temperature is 210°F although most people won’t use a setting anywhere near that high. The minimum water level is 2.75″ and the max water level is 6.25″ which is a nice good range. It can heat a maximum of 5 gallons of water. The flow rate is 1.2 GPM which is on the lower end of the models that we compared, so it will take slightly longer to cook your food, but you will have less evaporation, so it’s a bit of a trade off. This model was slightly noisier than the other models but it shouldn’t be a problem for most people.
The readout for this model is a large easy to read LED face that’s on a angle. The larger temperature shows the actual temperature of the cooking liquid, the smaller readout shows the target temperature. You change the set temperature with a scroll wheel on the side of the tube. This model allows you to connect via WiFi instead of Bluetooth. The advantage is WiFi has a much greater range and because it’s connected to the internet, this is an Internet of Things Appliance. The precision cooker is controlled via an app on your phone that’s available for both Android and iPhone. Theoretically, you could be sitting in your office and connect to the device at home and tell it to start cooking. However to do that you would need to leave the food sitting at room temperature all day, which goes against every food safety recommendation we’ve ever read. This model does come with a timer, however, setting it on the actual unit is clunky and frustrating, you’re much better off using the app.
The Anova WiFi Sous Vide keeps everything we loved about the Bluetooth model, and increased the power and upgraded the connectivity. These upgrades, however, have a steep price jump of $60 over the previous model and we’re not sure it’s worth it. As a comparison you can a get a 1200 WiFi enabled sous vide the Gourmia GSV150 for almost $50 less. This is a very good high-quality product, the price point just isn’t the best value.
- Upgraded to 900 Watts
- WiFi connectivity
- High quality workmanship
- Flexible clamp design
- Wide operating range
Anova WiFi Sous Vide Videos
Anova WiFi Sous Vide Product Comparison
Anova Sous Vide Review
Gourmia GSV150 Sous Vide
Anova WiFi Sous Vide
|Controls on Unit||YES||YES||YES|
|Max Water Capacity||5 Gal||5 Gal.||5 Gal.|
|Water Flow||1.2 GPM||1.5 GPM||1.2 GPM|
|Min. Water Depth||2.75″||2.75″||2.75″|
|Max. Water Depth||6.25″||6″||6.25″|
|Temp. Stability||0.1 °F||0.1 °F||0.1 °F|
|Noise Level||59 DB||55 DB||59 DB|
|Size||14.8 x 2.8 x 2.8 inches||2.8 x 5.8 x 14.8 inches||14.8 x 2.8 x 2.8 inches|
|Weight||2.5 pounds||3.5 pounds||2.5 pounds|
|Warranty.||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year|
|Directions Manual||Instructions Manual||Instructions Manual||Instructions Manual|
|Check Prices||Check Prices||Check Prices|
For more information you can check out our our Helpful Guides below:
- Sous Vide Reviews - read complete reviews of all the Sous Vide cookers we looked at.
- Sous Vide Buying Guide - Want to buy a sous vide machine, this guide will help you learn everything you need to know before making a purchase.
- Sous Vide FAQ - Here are our most frequently asked sous vide questions.
- Top 10 Sous Vide Cookers - Here's a list of our top 10 sous vide machines.
- Best Sous Vide machine - Here's our highest rated sous vide precision cooker.
- Sous Vide Recipes - Here's a collection of some of our favorite sous vide recipes.
- Sous Vide Time and Temperature Chart - Here's a chart to help you find the proper time and temperature to set your sous vide.
- How to Cook Sous Vide - Here's our guide to understanding sous vide cooking.
- Beginners Guide to Sous Vide - If you're a beginner to sous vide cooking this guide is for you.
- Sous Vide Equipment - Here's a list of commonly used sous vide equipment.
- Sous Vide Safety Issues - Got questions about sous vide food safety, this guide will answer them for you.
- Anova Sous Vide Review - A review of the Anova Bluetooth sous vide precision cooker.
- Anova WiFi Sous Vide Review - A review of the Anova WiFi Sous Vide precision cooker.
- Gourmia Sous Vide Reviews - Reviews for all of the Gourmia POD Sous Vide Immersion cookers.
- Joule Sous Vide Review - A look at the ChefSteps Joule sous vide immersion cooker.
- Sous Vide Instruction Manuals - Looking for a sous vide user manual or instruction we may be able to help you out.
- Bluetooth Kitchen Appliances - Looking for a Bluetooth enabled kitchen appliance here's a list.
- WiFi Kitchen Appliances - Looking for a kitchen appliance that can communicate via WiFi here's a helpful list.
- Sous Vide Instructions Manuals - Looking for sous vide instrutions manuals we have copies of many of the most popular models.
- Buying Guides - Buying guides for different kinds of small appliances
- How To Guides - How To guides to help you choose the right counter top appliances for your needs.
- Product FAQs - Common questions and answers for different types of small appliances in your kitchen.
- Cooking Information - Information and helpful tips to save time and money in the kitchen.
- Kitchen Small Appliance Brand Information - If you're looking for contact information, support, forums, instruction manuals or other information for small kitchen appliances we may be able to help.
- Small Appliance Instructions Manuals - If you're looking for instructions manuals for any of your small appliances we may be able to help.