Anova Sous Vide Bluetooth Enabled Precision Cooker
The Bluetooth Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker is our highest rated sous vide machine. It’s powerful compact design, and value pricing make it a top choice for people looking to start immersion cooking.
- Easy to use controls
- Bluetooth enabled
- Adjustable mounting bracket
- Value Priced
- Lower power compared to other models
- Power cord is shorter than we would have liked
- Lower flow rate
Anova Sous Vide Review – Product Features | Videos | Product Comparison | Product Specifications | Return to Top
Anova Sous Vide Review
The Bluetooth enabled Anova Sous Vide precision cooker is our favorite sous vide cooker, it hits the sweet spot of giving you just the functionality most people are going to need, with few well thought out design decisions, all at a reasonable price that’s in everyone’s budget.
This model is just shy of 15″ high and has a 3″ radius, it’s on the larger side of all the units we reviewed but it’s not the largest. It has good quality stainless steel tube, and the control unit feels very solid. Of all the models we reviewed this was near the top when comparing build quality.
One of our favorite features of the Anova Precision Cookers was the detachable sliding clamp. The clamp isn’t connected to the cooker, you attach it to the cooking vessel separately, then slide the cooking sleeve down through the slot adjusting it so it sits as shallow or as deep as you want it in the cooking bath. This is a feature we wish more models had. Our one complaint about the design of this model is the cord, it’s a lot shorter than other models, and if you don’t have a lot of outlets you may need to use an appliance extension cord.The Bluetooth Anova model puts out 800 Watts, compared to 900 watts for the Anova WiFi Sous Vide. Most of the models we reviewed were in the 1000 watt range with some as high as 1200, this is both good and bad. The lower the wattage the longer it’s going to take to bring your cooking liquid up to the desired temperature, so it definitely will take longer to cook using unit. The good part is this reduces the amount of evaporation that’s going to occur, so if you’re cooking something for a long period of time, you won’t need to refill the liquid as often. It’s both good and bad and really depends on your cooking style.
The water flow for this model is 1.2 GPM which is lowest of all the units we tested, most models were 1.5 GPM and some were 2 GPM or higher. The lower the GPM the less your cooking liquid circulates and the longer it’s going to take to come to temperature. An advantage of having a lower GPM is reduced evaporation. This model has a minimum water level of 2.75″ and a high water level of 6.25″, which is a good range and right in the middle of all the units we tested. This was also one of the louder units that we looked at.
The controls for this model were pretty easy to understand and read. The unit is turned on and off with a single button located under the LED display. On the black part of the tube is scroll wheel this allows you to easily set the desired temperature up or down. The large display will show the current temperature, the lower display will show the set temperature. While this unit does come with a built-in timer, it’s incredibly complicated to set on the actual unit. I’d recommend using a standard kitchen timer, the timer on your phone, or using the app to set the timer.On the face of the digital display is a Bluetooth button for pairing it with your phone. Sometimes this can be a frustrating process, but we were able to pair up right away. You will need to install the Anova app onto your phone to take advantage of this feature, the app is available for both Android and the iPhone. Using the app is pretty straightforward you just follow the on-screen menus. The Bluetooth unit did have a much better range than expected, our testing enabled us to control it from anywhere inside the house. This isn’t an Internet of Things device, you won’t be able to start the sous vide that’s in your home from your office.
Overall we felt the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker with Bluetooth was our top rated sous vide. It’s quality construction combined with good design and ease of use at a reasonable price make it a great choice for almost every kitchen.
- Quality construction
- Easy to Use
- Limited evaporation
- Bluetooth enabled
- Value priced
Gourmia GSV150 Sous Vide
Anova Bluetooth Sous Vide
|Controls on Unit||YES||YES|
|Max Water Capacity||10 Gal.||5 Gal|
|Water Flow||1.5 GPM||1.2 GPM|
|Min. Water Depth||2.75″||2.75″|
|Max. Water Depth||6″||6.25″|
|Temp. Stability||0.1 °F||0.1 °F|
|Noise Level||55 DB||59 DB|
|Size||2.8 x 5.8 x 14.8 inches||14.8 x 2.8 x 2.8 inches|
|Weight||3.5 pounds||2.5 pounds|
|Model No.||GSV150, GSV150B||PCB-120US-K1|
|Warranty.||1 Year||1 Year|
|Directions Manual||Instruction Manual||Instruction Manual|
|Check Prices||Check Prices|
Reviewed Item: Anova Bluetooth Sous Vide
Related ArticleDo you need a new hand mixer but don't know where to start? We've written a guide to tell you what features are important and what you should be looking for to help you save time and money in the kitchen Read our Hand Mixer Buying Guide to learn more.
For more information you can check out our our Helpful Guides below:
- Sous Vide Reviews - read complete reviews of all the Sous Vide cookers we looked at.
- Sous Vide Buying Guide - Want to buy a sous vide machine, this guide will help you learn everything you need to know before making a purchase.
- Sous Vide FAQ - Here are our most frequently asked sous vide questions.
- Top 10 Sous Vide Cookers - Here's a list of our top 10 sous vide machines.
- Best Sous Vide machine - Here's our highest rated sous vide precision cooker.
- Sous Vide Recipes - Here's a collection of some of our favorite sous vide recipes.
- Sous Vide Time and Temperature Chart - Here's a chart to help you find the proper time and temperature to set your sous vide.
- How to Cook Sous Vide - Here's our guide to understanding sous vide cooking.
- Beginners Guide to Sous Vide - If you're a beginner to sous vide cooking this guide is for you.
- Sous Vide Equipment - Here's a list of commonly used sous vide equipment.
- Sous Vide Safety Issues - Got questions about sous vide food safety, this guide will answer them for you.
- Anova Sous Vide Review - A review of the Anova Bluetooth sous vide precision cooker.
- Anova WiFi Sous Vide Review - A review of the Anova WiFi Sous Vide precision cooker.
- Gourmia Sous Vide Reviews - Reviews for all of the Gourmia POD Sous Vide Immersion cookers.
- Joule Sous Vide Review - A look at the ChefSteps Joule sous vide immersion cooker.
- Sous Vide Instruction Manuals - Looking for a sous vide user manual or instruction we may be able to help you out.
- Bluetooth Kitchen Appliances - Looking for a Bluetooth enabled kitchen appliance here's a list.
- WiFi Kitchen Appliances - Looking for a kitchen appliance that can communicate via WiFi here's a helpful list.
- Sous Vide Instructions Manuals - Looking for sous vide instrutions manuals we have copies of many of the most popular models.
- Buying Guides - Buying guides for different kinds of small appliances
- How To Guides - How To guides to help you choose the right counter top appliances for your needs.
- Product FAQs - Common questions and answers for different types of small appliances in your kitchen.
- Cooking Information - Information and helpful tips to save time and money in the kitchen.
- Kitchen Small Appliance Brand Information - If you're looking for contact information, support, forums, instruction manuals or other information for small kitchen appliances we may be able to help.
- Small Appliance Instructions Manuals - If you're looking for instructions manuals for any of your small appliances we may be able to help.